Sunday 6 October 2013

Sepia Saturday 197 - only a little late!



Delete, delete, but it could have been good ... or how not to take photos

I wasn't intending to contribute this week as I didn't think I had any suitable shots, but just this afternoon when wandering back from St Kilda beach I spotted this beautiful Abyssinian cat, nestled very comfortably in a child's Tickle Me Elmo chair, in the front window of an old house that was being used as an office as well as a home. How cute,  I thought, and quickly snapped off a pic on my phone - but the window was dirty, the sun was shining the wrong way, and I was worried that the owner might appear at any time, so this lamentable photo is the result, including my hand and leg in reflection!  You'll just have to believe that it could have been a very cute shot, but never mind - I'll share before I delete it, as it does strike me as rather appropriate for this week's theme of rather forgettable photographs!


10 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

Perfect for this week's topic. I agree, it would have been adorable!! I worry, too, about owners appearing.

ScotSue said...

Glad you found this Jackie. Great fun.

ScotSue said...

With apologies, Jo, for making the mistake with your name - I was in too much of a rush!

Nancy said...

Yes, it's perfect for the SS theme this week. And a great reminder about windows and reflections, too. The kitty looks like a sweet, grey tiger.

Kristin said...

Yes, perfect for this week. And reminds me of several of the same reflected shots in my recent collection.

Unknown said...

And you thought you didn't have any "suitable" shots -- this one's an absolute WINNER!

La Nightingail said...

I can imagine your disappointment when you saw the result because had everything been exactly right, it would have been a darling picture. However, as all have said - it was perfect for this week's entry. I guess that's the silver lining consolation.

Wendy said...

Too funny. This reminds me of bathroom photos on "house for sale" websites where the photographer can be seen in the mirror. Those always crack me up! Your photo at least has a good story!

Sharon said...

Perfect for this week.

I know someone who would love to have that chair!

The Silver Fox said...

Perfect timing for this week's theme.